• The Software is for the automation of Hospital Management.
• It maintains two levels of users:-
• The Software includes:-
Maintaining Patient details.
Providing Prescription, Precautions and Diet advice.
Providing and maintaining all kinds of tests for a patient.
Billing and Report generation.
It can be used in any Hospital, Clinic, Dispensary or Pathology labs for maintaining
patient details and their test results.
1.3) Technologies to be used
This project will be a desktop application to be developed in VB 6.0 having Ms
Access as backend.
• Database Design (Ms Access)
• Form Design (VB 6.0)
• Coding (VB 6.0)
• Testing (VB 6.0)
• Reporting Tool (Data Report)
Hospital Management System
Project is related to Hospital Management System.
The project maintains two levels of users:-
• Administrator Level-Doctor
• User Level-Data Entry Operator
Main facilities available in this project are:-
• Maintaining records of indoor/outdoor patients.
• Maintaining patients diagnosis details, advised tests to be done.
• Providing different test facilities to a doctor for diagnosis of patients.
• Maintaining patient’s injection entry records.
• Maintaining patient’s prescription, medicine and diet
• Providing billing details for indoor/outdoor patients.
• Maintaining backup of data as per user requirements (between
• If user forgets his/her password then it can be retrieved by hint
In this project collection of data is from different pathology labs.
Results of tests, prescription, precautions and diet advice will be
automatically updated in the database.
Related test reports, patient details report, prescription and billing reports can
be generated as per user requirements.
User or Administrator can search a patient’s record by his/her name or their
Patient’s diet advice can be provided in Hindi.
2. Overall Description
2.1) Goals of proposed system
1. Planned approach towards working: - The working in the organization will
be well planned and organized. The data will be stored properly in data stores,
which will help in retrieval of information as well as its storage.
2. Accuracy: - The level of accuracy in the proposed system will be higher. All
operation would be done correctly and it ensures that whatever information is
coming from the center is accurate.
3. Reliability: - The reliability of the proposed system will be high due to the
above stated reasons. The reason for the increased reliability of the system is that
now there would be proper storage of information.
4. No Redundancy: - In the proposed system utmost care would be that no
information is repeated anywhere, in storage or otherwise. This would assure
economic use of storage space and consistency in the data stored.
5. Immediate retrieval of information: - The main objective of proposed
system is to provide for a quick and efficient retrieval of information. Any type
of information would be available whenever the user requires.
6. Immediate storage of information: - In manual system there are many
problems to store the largest amount of information.
7. Easy to Operate: - The system should be easy to operate and should be such
that it can be developed within a short period of time and fit in the limited budget
of the user.
Hospital Management System
A Hospital is a place where Patients come up for general diseases. Hospitals provide
Consultation by Doctors on Diseases.
Diagnosis for diseases.
Providing treatment facility.
Facility for admitting Patients (providing beds, nursing, medicines etc.)
Immunization for Patients/Children.
Various operational works that are done in a Hospital are:-
Recording information about the Patients that come.
Recording information related to diagnosis given to Patients.
Keeping record of the Immunization provided to children/patients.
Keeping information about various diseases and medicines available to cure
These are the various jobs that need to be done in a Hospital by the operational staff and
Doctors. All these works are done on papers.
The work is done as follows:-
Information about Patients is done by just writing the Patients name, age and
gender. Whenever the Patient comes up his information is stored freshly.
Bills are generated by recording price for each facility provided to Patient on a
separate sheet and at last they all are summed up.
Diagnosis information to patients is generally recorded on the document, which
contains Patient information. It is destroyed after some time period to decrease
the paper load in the office.
Immunization records of children are maintained in pre-formatted sheets, which
are kept in a file.
Information about various diseases is not kept as any document. Doctors
themselves do this job by remembering various medicines.
All this work is done manually by the receptionist and other operational staff and lot of
papers are needed to be handled and taken care of. Doctors have to remember various
medicines available for diagnosis and sometimes miss better alternatives as they can’t
remember them at that time.